Have a question about this query? If so, send us an email and we'll get back to you.
Terry has been trying to figure out the lineage of Patrick Kevin Seelye of Lawrence, KS, a visitor to the Seelye Mansion in Abilene, KS.
So far he has:
• Patrick Kevin Seelye’s father is Patrick Henry Seelye, born Aug 8, 1946,
St. Mary’s, PA, and died in Alpena, Mich. Dec. 30, 2015.
• The grandfather is Charles Patrick Seelye, born Sept 7, 1918 in
St. Mary’s, PA, died Aug 27, 1988 in Alpena, Mich. He was married to
• The great-grandfather is Robert Andrew Seelye, born Apr 24, 1872
in Rathburn, Elk Co., PA and died Mar 17, 1956 in St. Mary’s, PA. He married Othelia Spellenberg in 1900.
• The great,great-grandfather is Simeon R. Seelye, born Aug. 6, 1825
and died Mar. 22, 1896 in PA. He married Rebecca R. Haines. Her
birth and death, 1831 – 1886.
Requester: Terry Tietjens | email@example.com
Initial Response Information:
• Simeon R Seelye b. 6 Aug 1826, d. 22 Mar 1896, buried in Glover Cemetery, Beechwood, Cameron, PA.
There were Haines and Glover families in Cortland Co. NY who lived in proximity to a William Seelye, age 30-39 in 1830. There were several marriages between members of these families and some of them settled in Potter Co. and then Cameron Co. living in close proximity to Simeon. Therefore it seems somewhat likely that William is related to Simeon. But then, who is William and how are they related?
1830 census Marathon, Cortland, NY
• William Seely: 1 male under 5, 1 male 5-10, 1 male 20-30, 1 male 30-40; 1 female under 5, 1 female 5-10, 2 females 20-30
1830 census Virgil, Cortland, NY
• Holly Seely, 2 males age 5-10, 1 male age 20-30, 1 male age 40-50; 2 females age 10-15, 2 females age 15-20 and 1 female age 40-50.
This family corresponds to Holly Seely, SGS# 1883. However we don’t have a son or brother of this Holly that would match up to William. In the SGS database we list a William b. 1799 md to Jane Glover and father to Ira, Jacob, John, Julia and Sally Anne. This is from an old family group submission. No parents for William or other sources are listed. If you have more information on this family, please contact me.
Responder: SGS Query Editor