Have a question about this query? If so, send us an email and we'll get back to you.
Here is another query based on an obituary.
Raeburne Seeley Heimbeck September 25, 1930 – February 9, 2016
Rae was a modern day Renaissance Man: Scholar -Philosopher – Teacher; Athlete – Yogi – Traveler – Adventurer; Patron of the Arts – Supporter of endowments and multiple charities -Sponsor of foreign exchange students. He was born on September 25, 1930 to Harold and Dulce Heimbeck in Rock Island, Illinois, the second of two children and their only son. His parents ran an antique store, but in 1936, when the hardships of the Depression became too significant, they shuttered their store and moved to Santa Monica, with their two young children, in search of their fortune in the nascent Southern California environment. (there is a lot more about Rae’s adult life – too much for this newsletter – ask me for the complete obit) Rae was a devoted husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather. He is survived by his wife Cindy, sons Bryn and Reid, Bryn’s wife Yoko, sister Dandelyn O’Connor and nephews Craig and Blake O’Connor, grandchildren Morgan, Devyn, Nicholas, Alexander, Chiara, Ben, and Sera, and great grandchildren, Keira and Theo.
He passed away peacefully and consciously on February 9, 2016 after a sudden and significant battle with pneumonia and staph. He chose to embrace his own passing stating that he had “come to realize that he had reached the stage in life known as ‘death’, and that he would embrace it as he had embraced all of the other stages of a life that he had found wonderful and precious”. There will be a Celebration of Life on April 23rd at Gallery One at 4:00 PM for all that would like to attend.
Published in Daily Record (Ellensburg, WA) on Mar. 9, 2016.
Chris found the following records:
1940 Census: Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
• Harold H Heimbeck age 40 born IL Assistant Manager furniture store
• Dulce Heimbeck wife age 39 born IL
• Dendelyn Heimbeck daughter age 11 born IL
• Raeburn Heimbeck son age 9 born IL 1935 Rock Island IL
1930 Census: Rock Island, Rock Island, IL
• Harold H Heimbeck age 30 age at first marriage 20 born IL IL IL Merchant Antique shop
• Dulce B Heimbeck wife age 30 age at first marriage 20 born IL IL KS
• Dandelyn J Heimbeck daughter age 1 5/12 born IL IL IL
• Pearl Seeley m- in-law, age 49 wd age at first marriage 18, b. KS PA PA Seamstress
1920 Census: Rock Island Precinct 12, Rock Island, IL
• Pearl Seeley head age 38 D born PA PA PA Machine Operator Government Arsenal
• Dulce Seeley daughter age 21 born IL IL PA Office Assistant Physician
1910 Census: Rock Island Ward 7, Rock Island, IL
• Thomas Mc Manus age 66 md 37 years born PA PA PA Engineer Steel Mill
• Eliza E Mc Manus wife age 55 md 37 years mother of 10 – 5 living born PA PA PA
• Ralph Mc Manus son age 21 born KS PA PA Editor News Paper
• Jay Mc Manus son age 19 born IL PA PA
• Ernest Mc Manus son age 16 born IL PA PA
• Dulce Seeley granddaughter age 11 born IL PA OH
Chris also found a marriage for Rae’s sister Dandelyn and Dulce’s death record.
Requester: Chris Havnar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial Response Information:
• Pearl May Seeley [Pearl May McManus]
• SSN: 545305892
• Born 31 May 1880 at Boiling Spring, PA to Thomas J McManus and Eliza E Wonderlich
US City Directories 1822-1995
1899 Moline, (Rock Island) IL
• Seeley, Harry T fireman CRI & P 620 40th (Mrs Pearl) also listed with Pearl in 1901 and 1905
• Seeley, Jerome C foreman CRI & P 608 44th (Mrs May)
1910 census Blue Island, Cook, IL
• Aspelsmew, Caroline E age 37, widow b. IL, NY, PA, own income
• Aspelsmew, Hazel, dau. age 8 b. MI, IA, IL
• Seely, Susan P , mother age 70, widow, 4 ch, 3 living b. PA, PA, PA
• Seely, Harry T., brother age 35, md 12 yr b. IL, NY, PA, locomotive engineer
1880 census Joliet, Will, IL
• Seeley, Jonas age 47 b. NY, NY, NY, keeper ISP (IL St Prison)
• Seeley, Susan, wife age 41 b. PA, PA, PA
• Seeley, Robert P. age 12, Carrie E age 9, Harry T age 6, Irvin L age 1, all b. IL, NY, PA
• Harry Townsend Seely of Chicago, Cook, IL b. 7 Jan 1874 Town Man at Union Depot, names mother Susan Seely of Blue Island IL as next of kin
Checking the SGS Ancestor File I found Jonas Seely, SGS# 3837 b. 10 Jul 1832, md. Oct 1866 Susan B Potter Pennington. Their son Harry is listed as Henry Townsend Seeley in Ancestor File. I will update the file with information on Harry and his siblings and their families.
Responder: SGS Query Editor
Update to Query #1705-3