Have a question about this query? If so, send us an email and we'll get back to you.
Candace is looking for the ancestry of her 2nd gt grandmother Almena Seeley Clifford, b. 1803 in Norwalk, CT and died 27 Jan 1882 in Serena, LaSalle, IL, wife of John Clifford b. 1806 in Plymouth, Grafton, NH.
Requester: Candace Wilmot | email@example.com
Initial Response Information:
1850 census Ottawa, LaSalle, IL
• Clifford, John age 44 b. NH, farmer
• Clifford, Aminia age 43 b. CT
• Clifford, Aminia age 20, John C age 13, George age 12, Richard age 10, Mary age 8 and Electa age 6, all b. NY
The same family is listed in the 1850 census of Plattsburgh, Clinton, NY
Wheelock, Polly age 64 b. CT
• Clifford, John age 42 b. NH, farmer
• Clifford, Almena age 46 b. CT
• Clifford, Almena age 20, Calvin age 15, George age 13, Richard age 10, Mary age 8 and Maria age 5, all b. NY
1840 census Plattsburgh Village, Clinton, NY
• John Clifford, Jr: 2 males under 5, 2 males age 5-10, 1 male age 10-15, 1 male age 30-40; 1 female under 5, 1 female age 30-40
NH Birth Index
John Clifford b. 24 Nov 1806 at Bridgewater, Grafton, New Hampshire, United States to
1860 census Serena, LaSalle, IL
• Clifford, Calvin age 24, farmer b. NY
• Ferguson, Amenia age 29 b. NY
• Ferguson, John H age 5, Elizabeth age 2, both b. MO Frederick age 4 mos b. IL
• Wheelock, Polly age 75 b. CT
Some sources have Almena’s surname as Wheelock but it is possible that Polly remarried after the death of a first husband. We want to find a marriage record for John Clifford and Almena and if Almena is a Seeley we’d like to find her parents.
Responder: SGS Query Editor