$0.00(0 items )

No products in the cart.

Harry Gedney Seely

Personal

Gender: Male

Marriage

Spouse: Anna Mae Thompson

Date of Marriage: April 4, 1908

Marriage Place: Wallkill, NY

HYMENEAL

Seely – Thompson

A very pretty pink and lavender wedding took place at three o’clock, Saturday afternoon at the beautiful home of Horace D. Thompson, in the town of Wallkill, about four miles from Middletown, when his daughter, Miss Anna Mae, became the bride of Harry Gedney Seely, son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Seely, of Walden. This homestead has ever been the center of a most gracious hospitality, and it was never more happily displayed than on this nuptial event.

The rooms were beautifully decorated, the banisters in the spacious hall being profusely trimmed with evergreens and laurel, and the mantels banked with cut and potted flowers. The canopy under which the bridal troth was plighted was of southern smilax and pink carnations, the entire color scheme being pink and lavender.

The ceremony was performed by Rev. Francis Stoddard Haines, pastor of the Goshen Presbyterian Church, in the presence of about a hundred of the immediate relatives and friends of the two families.

Music for the event was rendered by Dayton’s orchestra, of Goshen, and to the strains of the “Bridal Chorus,” from Lohengrin, the bride entered the parlor, where she was given away by her father. The maid of honor was Miss C. Louise Seely, a sister of the groom; the flower girl was little Miss Margaret Cameron Laymon, of Newburgh, a cousin of the bride and a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A.E. Laymon; the ribbon bearers were Misses Lea Johnson and Jessie L. Williams, of Poughkeepsie, the latter a cousin of the groom. The best man was Dr. Charles H. Thompson, a brother of the bride.

The scene at the marriage was beautiful and attractive in the extreme and made a brilliant picture.

The bride was gowned in a handsome creation of white poplin de chine, over taffeta, with a profuse trimming of filet lace, and she wore a veil caught up with orange blossoms, worn by her mother at her wedding. She carried a shower bouquet of white roses.

The maid of honor’s gown was of lavender poplin de chine over lavender taffeta, with filet lace trimmings. She carried a shower bouquet of pink roses. The flower girl wore white organdie, over pink, and carried a basket of pink carnations and smilax. The going away gown of the bride was brown rajah cloth, with hat to match.

The music rendered during the ceremony was “Annie Laurie” and other selections rendered during the afternoon were selection from “The Red Mill,” selection, from “The Merry Widow,” “Simple Arien,” Thome; “Salut d’Amour,” Edgar; selection from “The Student,” King: “Smiles and Caresses,” “La Cinquantaine,” “Spring Song.”

After the ceremony a reception followed, during which the happy pair were most cordially congratulated and a collation was served by Caterer Towley, of Middletown.

The groom’s gift to the bride was a handsome Tiffany bracelet, and to the best man a jade scarfpin. The bride’s gift to the maid of honor was a gold veil pin and to the flower girl, a silver purse.

There was a wealth of attestation to the esteem held for the bride and groom, in the form of valuable and beautiful gifts of cut glass, silver, etc.

After a southern ocean trip Mr. and Mrs. Seely will reside in Walden, and thither they will be followed by the best wishes and felicitations of a host of friends.

The most auspicious union joins the fortunes of two as popular and worthy young people as were ever reared in Orange county, and the skies were indeed bright above them as they start out in life together in the happiest of relations.

Published in the Orange County Times-Press (Middletown, NY), Tuesday, April 7, 1908, page 5