$0.00(0 items )

No products in the cart.

Allan J. Seeley

Personal

Gender: Male

Marriage

Spouse: Mildred Kidd

Date of Marriage: March 12, 1924

Marriage Place: Buffalo, NY

Seeley’s Anniversary Is Honored

MIDDLESEX – Mr. and Mrs. Allan J. Seeley of North Vine Valley Road were guests of honor at a recent open house at the Rushville United Methodist Church in celebration of their golden wedding anniversary.

The former Miss Mildred Kidd of Mac Dougall and Mr. Seeley of Romulus were united in marriage March 12, 1924 in Buffalo.

Until 1941 they owned and operated a farm in the Town of Varick and have since lived on County Road 1, Town of Gorham prior to moving to their new home on North Vine Valley Road.

They are both members of the Rushville United Methodist Church. He served as justice for the Town as Gorham 14 years and was a member of the Middlesex Valley board of education for seven years. Both are active in local clubs and organizations.

They are the parents of three daughters, Mrs. Emory (Joyce) Fox of Penn Yan RD, Mrs. Ralph (Shirley) Spike of Shortsville, and Mrs. Leon (Phyllis) Button of Rushville and have 11 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

About 200 relatives and friends attended the open house.

Published in The Daily Messenger (Canandaigua, NY), Monday, March 25, 1974, page 5
____________________________________
J. Allen Seely’s Feted on 30th Anniversary

Mr. and Mrs. J. Allen Seely passed their 30th wedding anniversary on March 12, and the occasion was celebrated on Sunday with a family dinner at the home of their youngest daughter, Phyllis, Mrs. Leon Button, jr., and Mr. Button with all of the immediate family circle in attendance. A three-tiered decorated wedding cake graced the dinner table.

J. Allan Seely and Mildred Elizabeth Kidd, both of Seneca county, were married in Buffalo, March 12, 1924 by the Rev. George Leoher, a former pastor of the West Fayette Presbyterian church to which both belonged. They returned to Seneca county and started housekeeping on a farm adjoining his parents’ farm where they lived until all the farms of that section were taken over by the U.S. government in 1941. They then purchased and came with their three daughters, to the farm in the Town of Gorham on the Rushville-Deep Run road, known as the Ira Gage farm, which has since been their home.

Attending the anniversary dinner, besides Mr. and Mrs. Seely and Mr. and Mrs. Leon Button, jr., and two children, were Mr. and Mrs. Emory Fox and two children, Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Spike, and Mr. Seely’s father, R.M. Seely, and Mrs. Seely’s mother, Mrs. Katherine Kidd.

Published in the Chronicle-Express (Penn Yan, NY), March 18, 1954, page 6