Samuel Seeley was a Revolutionary soldier. He came to the Connecticut grant before the war. After the war he came back to look after his family, but could not find them. Thinking they were killed or had died, he went back to Goshen, N.Y., from whence he originally came, where he married Miss Deborah Benjamin, a sister of Richard Benjamin, and in 1802 came to Wyalusing creek, where he lived a few years, and then removed to the Herrick place, where he remained some seventeen or eighteen years, then to where Keizer now lives, in 1827. In 1815 he built a sawmill near Myron Frisbies’, but ere it was scarcely finished Hollenback served an ejectment on him, and he abandoned the place.
Page 392, “History of Bradford County, Pennsylvania, with Biographical Selections,” by H.C. Bradsby, published by S.B. Nelson & Co., Chicago, 1891.